
Tonight for some odd reason I feel extra lonely. I have no idea where this feeling is coming from, when, to be honest, I am fine with not having a male around. I have come to terms with not having someone to talk to on the phone everyday, with not having anyone to hold hands with, someone to cuddle with and yes, someone to kiss.
I have come to terms with being almost, 23 and lonely, while it seems that everyone around me is getting engaged. . . . I am still young and I am HONESTLY, in no rush to have someone. (even though it would be nice haha)
But tonight, this weird random feeling as crept up on me and is biting my heart. Knowing now, and completely understanding what is feels like to be lonely, I dont know how women and men everywhere, who aren't married deal with it everyday. I can only imagine what it would be like to have this heart ache for the rest of my life, and the thought of it is not pleasant.
For now, as I let my feelings of loneliness out, I can only depend on my patients to sit back and pray, that I can continue to be on the Lord's time table, and soon will be blessed with someone that I can spend eternity with.

Shannon, I know EXACTLY how you feel, and have had the exact same thoughts about others that are not married and how they get through life without someone! It is so much nicer to enjoy the simplicities of life with someone by your side. I go through this feeling at least once a week haha! It's no fun! But you are still young, so it is good that you are in no rush! Whats the rush I say, we will be with that person for eternity, lets get out and live till we find them!! =) hang in there and keep your head up! And call me! We should play!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean too, but it just means you've been in Utah too long ;) okay so that may not be the real reason, but in all honesty...not that many people outside of Utah are gun-ho on getting married after 3 months of dating...and then to get married in another 3 months. So it may be harder to see the bigger picture...that it's not like that all over the US or world. I wish I could help you out somehow...unfortunately, haven't met any young men around here that are your age....But I agree with your friend, keep your head up (easier said than done) and make sure you're keeping up on your spiritual self...and everything will work out. :) Love you tons!!!
ReplyDelete