Monday, January 11, 2010
Without It
Being back in my old student ward has added some unnecessary stress. Yesterday was my second Sunday back. I only know a handful of people that are still there since I was last there, which means that I need to get to know a lot of people. That is not where the stress is, I am comfortable with meeting new people, it comes easy to me. It is the fact that NO ONE else is comfortable with meeting new people. I am not used to being ignored in R.S. and sitting by myself (not by choice). I am just very thankful that I have a strong testimony of this wonderful gospel to keep me going to church. I am always reminding myself that I am there at church to learn new things and to build my testimony, not for the social aspect of it. This gospel is perfect but the saints are not. I am thankful for my testimony cus I know if I did not have it I would probably not be going to church. My mom is the greatest example to me about this, and I am glad she taught me right! I will always hold onto my testimony and what I know to be true, and love church -even the social side- even though right now it is stressing me out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Shannon, you should come to my ward one week just for the heck of it. I just joined, and really like it. The people there are so welcoming and nice. I have never been to such a welcoming ward. Individuals came up and talked to us right away our first week there. (yesterday was my second time there) People saved me and my friend a spot the second week and they are really genuine down to earth people! Its great! Its just in North Salt Lake and starts at 1. COME! and it would be so fun to see you!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. I hope I can be as strong as you in my testimony. I am feeling the same way in my ward. It is quite unfortunate. Let me know if I can do anything to make it better, like you dragging me to your FHE even when I say no. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteWith as many times as we've moved....the "blending in" part has never happened right off the bat. I always seem to find my place right before I know we're going to move. Not sure if that's just because by then I don't care...or maybe my shining personality finally comes though ;) haha but just know you're not alone, and definitely hold onto that testimony thing. I know exactly how you feel...still trying to find my place in this ward. And honestly, if it weren't for knowing the gospel were true, and that people are not a reliable source....well I'd probably have given up long ago too. Sometimes, I've found, everyone else is feeling the same way you are...and sometimes it takes a bit of force to break through the barriers set up by others. :) And then there are those people who you think you want to be friends with because they seem pretty cool...but when you get a closer look, you realize they aren't. (I mean in a moral way)...anyway, just some food for thought.
ReplyDeleteSorry, I didn't mean to say "testimony thing"...I hope you knew what I meant.
ReplyDelete